Cape Split


It's hard to believe, but it is a number of weeks now since we went on this hike. I had been hearing about Cape Split since I arrived in the Maritimes this spring, but did not get to it until late in the summer while my brother was here. When we woke the morning we planned to hike the cape, there was the thickest fog we'd seen all summer. I could not even see across the street from my apartment in the morning, and driving to morning prayer, we could hardly see the fields and valley around us. Nonetheless, we went forth with the hike, and I'm glad we did. It was bizarre and wonderful to be on the cape surrounded by so much mist. And as we ate lunch, the mist had lifted somewhat, but also moved to the other side of the cape, so that as we left our nook, there was a whole new view to take in.













Comments

Popular Posts