Cranberry Cake-pie


This is definitely one of my favourite desserts. I have made it time and again, and most of the times I have made it, I have simply looked for an excuse to make it just so I could eat it myself. Once I made it to bring to a family dinner at my parents house, and then wrapped half of it in tin foil to take back home with me, and then ate that within two days without sharing.

The cranberries lend a tang that I find irresistible. The nuts give a nice crunch that compliments the crunchiness of the crust, and along with the almond extract they deepen the flavour a little. Anyway, you can try it out and see what you think!




Cranberry Cake-pie
Makes 1 pie
Ingredients:
Butter, for greasing
2 cups cranberries
3/4 cup roasted pecans or walnuts, chopped
2/3 cups sugar

For the batter:
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp raw sugar, for sprinkling

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Generously butter a pie pan, and add the cranberries, chopped nuts, and 2/3 cup sugar into it.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, 1c sugar, melted butter, eggs, almond extract, and salt.
  4. Pour batter in ribbons over the pie, gently spreading to coat the surface.
  5. Bake 45-50 minutes, until golden. Add 1 tbsp raw sugar to the top 5 minutes before removing from the oven to make it pretty and add a little extra crunch.




Comments

Popular Posts