York 2014


I just spent a week in England in order to visit Diana Wynne Jones' manuscripts and correspondence at Seven Stories in Newcastle upon Tyne, and made it over to York for the weekend to see a little more of the north. The whole trip was wonderful. I found that staying in hostels after not having done so for while was a bit of an adventure, and not always entirely comfortable, but they were worth it for the price. I think my favourite thing about York was how pleasurable it was to just walk around and breathe it all in.


I was also able to catch some wonderful choral music while I was there. I love going to church in England, because the music at the Anglican churches is just breathtaking. The weekend I was in York, there was an inauguration mass for a new bishop of Leeds which I was able to catch. At the service, they had the choirs from four different cathedrals, along with their organ and even trumpets. It was amazing. They also gave out little bags filled with cheddar cheese, crackers, chutney, fruitcake and wine to everyone who came, which was lovely. All in all, it was such a beautiful place; I hope someday my travels take me there again.






















Comments

  1. So beautiful. You have a good eye, girl. Monochrome is definitely the best.
    (note to other readers: I clicked on "Read more" to see more photos.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts