Grandma Lucyk's Pumpkin Muffins

So I can't remember where this memory comes from, but I have a distinct childhood memory of my grandma having made these muffins and brought them to some family celebration where we were all staying in hotel rooms, and of us kids eating them out of those old huge rectangular tupperware containers that originally stored like a litre of PC margerine. They were cinnamony and sweet, and tasted of fall. There were some raisins in them, but I liked that too.  Anyway, I must have asked my Grandma for the recipe after that, because I have recently found it in my recipe box, and last night I finally made them myself. They taste just like I remember them. Delicious.

So you know, I have two different pumpkin recipes that I love, and now they are both on this blog, because the other one I posted a number of years ago. The previous pumpkin muffin recipe has less sugar and oil, and is the one I have made in the past. I love both, but there's a pretty easy distinction between the two, if you want a muffin with less calories, you can go to that one, and if you want a treat, you can make this one - with or without the raisins, as I know not everyone likes those. Also, if you prefer, you could swap out the raisins for toasted walnuts, which would also be delicious. 



Grandma Lucyk's Pumpkin Muffins

Makes 24 muffins

Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups canola or sunflower oil
  • 14 oz tin of pumpkin puree
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3 cups flour (can use 1/2 all purpose and 1/2 whole wheat if you want)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 cups raisins (not golden)
Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
  2. In a large bowl, stir together the wet ingredients until smooth
  3. In a small bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, baking soda & powder, and salt)
  4. Stir the dry mix into the wet mixture in 2 or 3 batches, until just combined, and stir in the raising, if using.
  5. Spray 24 muffin tins, and spoon about 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin tin
  6. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins are springy to the touch, or a toothpick comes out clean.
  7. Let cool fully before storing in an airtight container.
Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts