Delaps Cove


It seems so long ago now that I finished up my program and left Nova Scotia, yet I have a heap of unfinished posts here from even longer ago. Happily, there are some great memories here, so it will be fun sifting through and posting them all. Sadly, since I am so far behind, and my new schedule since arriving in JKT has been very hectic, I will be keeping the posts very short. Perhaps I will expand them out later, but then again, I may not. There are many nice photos, though, and I think the photos do speak for themselves, rather. Anyway, I will try to post all the Nova Scotia posts before moving on to my new photos from here, so I will try to move through them at a decent pace.


 This was a wonderful hike amid a wonderful “trip” I had with Jeannine back in June.  Just near Annapolis Royal, Delaps Cove was an old African Nova Scotian settlement decades ago. Although I don’t know much any of the history, apparently there used to be some houses there eons ago, but now what’s left of it is a beautiful 2-3 hour hike with two loops that go along a shore lined with huge dark rocks—a very different shoreline than Wolfville and Port Williams’ muddy ridges. We made a day of it one Saturday, arriving first in Annapolis Royal to visit the market and pick up a picnic lunch, headed out for the hike, and visited our family in Annapolis Royal in the evening before driving back home in the dark. It’s a beautiful spot and it made for a beautiful day trip.  
















Comments

Popular Posts