Saskatchewan Fashion Week

This past weekend I was honored to be asked to play my cello at an event wherein I saw a side of Regina I've never before seen: Saskatchewan Fashion Week. SFW is an annual event wherein Saskatchewan clothing designers, models, hairstylists and makeup artists have their chance to shine. It is also an event wherein part of our quirky little city looks like somewhere much bigger and more glamorous, wherein people dress very expensively. I don't mean to insinuate that we have a boring city, but simply that every really stepped it up a notch at this event, and it was very interesting to see. 

Anyway, I thought I'd take some pictures Saturday night, because we stayed for the show. So for anyone who wasn't able to make it, here are some of the highlights from Saturday night's new and established designers. It is quite a different experience, taking photos at a fashion show. The lights were so bright that I had to make my pictures quite dark to get any colour into them, and as a result, the reaction time was slow.  As a result, the later photos are a little better generally, and I did not get good photos of all the outfits, just the ones that turned out. But it was a fun challenge. The only pity is that I didn't get any pictures of the real stars of the show, James and I. Just kidding. 

Anyway, here are the photos. Make sure to check out the hat outfits at the end of the post; they're amazing! 


































































































































Comments

Popular Posts